Wednesday 23 September 2009

Second Update


My gas valve arrived on Friday last week and I immediately started practising with my nice shiny MIG. I got the hang of it quite quickly and then started tack welding the bottom chassis rails, after doing that it flipped it all over to make sure it was symmetrical....it wasnt. The 2 top middle pieces with the 74 degree angle were not the same size, meaning they were shifted over slightly to the left hand side, thus making the chassis unsymmetrical, i quickly got out Mr Grinder and sorted out the problem.

After i'd completed that i proceeded to tack weld the front frame together, this all seemed to go along smoothly, but all seems correct (for now anway...)

I then tacked the 4 uprights into their retrospective positions and finally tacked the front frame into position, as you can see in the pictur
e below.

No comments:

Post a Comment