I really need to start updating this blog more regularly. Progress has been made since my last post.
I've now finally finished the rear section of the chassis, it turned out to be a right pain to do because of the accuracy required and mistakes I'd made previously. I managed to place the diff cage in the wrong position, meaning that all of the tack welds had to be ground off so that I could put it in the right place. I had also miss off a piece for the roll bar supports and forgot to fully weld them, so they also needed to come off.
However that is all sorted now, and I've started the task of putting tacking the chassis plates in place. Only one side of the car is done so far as I can't get access to the other side, due to all of the stuff from my green house now being put there until the new green house is finished.
I have also solved my engine woes, as I got a tip off about a 1.8 Zetec engine being sold for £40 near by, after enquiring about it, I quickly got my mate and his fan to drive along and pick it up. It's only done 70,000 miles, and comes with a chopped down sump and fully painted. It is a known runner as the guy was going to be putting it into his MNR, but got hold of a 2.0 zetec engine instead. It is a 94 engine, meaning that it won't need a CAT fitting, i'll be going down the Megajolt and ZX9R bike carb route to get the engine running.
I've been told the engine should put out 150bhp, which should be interesting after going from a 60bhp Vauxhall Corsa.
Here are a couple of pictures showing the chassis before I started putting the chassis plates on, and the new shiny engine: