Sunday 4 October 2009

Fourth Update

It's been a while since my last update, but i've been quite busy since then, with both uni and building the car.

I've progressed quite well though. I managed to get the majority of my donor car parts for the grand total of £138 (including delivery). Andy very kindly picked up all of the parts and drove them up to mine in his van. So now i have the engine, gearbox, diff, propshaft,
driveshafts, brakes, front uprights and a lots of other stuff.

I did however notice and issue with the rear frame of my chassis, t
he top right hand corner was 10mm further back than the top left hand corner, meaning quite a few pieces were in the wrong place. It goes to show that just
because it looks right, doesnt m
ean it does, so 5 minutes with the grinder and a few more tack welds later, it
was all in the correct position.

Here are a couple more pictures to show you what i have done:




No comments:

Post a Comment