Sunday 7 February 2010

Sixth Update

Sorry for the lack of posts on the blog, but I haven't had a camera since the start of November, so I haven't been able to take pictures of my build, hopefully I'll have sorted that out by the start of next month.

So far I have finished the main part of the chassis, I have the tubes for the rear bodywork bent, I have nearly completed all of the chassis plates. I have all of the suspension brackets needed, they just need to be tacked and welded into place.

I had to buy myself a pillar drill in order to put the holes in the chassis plates, a hand held drill just wasn't up to the job and I kept breaking drill bits. The drill only cost me £40 and is a floor standing SIP F16-16, which would cost £225 if you bought one new, all it needed was a new chuck which cost me £18, so a bargain if you ask me.

I recently managed to buy a fair few parts for the Roadster from someone who has decided to sell his build. I managed to pick up the following for the grand total of £143, saving me at least £50:

Steering Rack Aluminium Brackets
3ge Steering Rack Extensions
Sierra Track Rod Ends
3ge Mushrooms
Bottom Ball Joint
Transit Drag Links
Coil Pack
Diff Bracket
Clarke Engine Stand

So this means I will only need to buy the bits to make the wishbones and uprights, as well as the poly-bushes and crush tubes, steering column and some new wheel studs, which will be around the £300 mark for everything and then I'll have a fully rolling chassis.

Then once that has been completed I'll be starting work on rebuilding my 1.8 CVH engine, a job I have been looking forward to for ages!

I'll try and update this blog more regularly from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment